Due to the increased number of complaints involving fireworks and to ensure the safety of all, the Warrington Township Police Department has developed the following procedure:
Officers will respond to the location of where the fireworks are being discharged. If the officer determines that discharging the fireworks has violated 1 of the 5 restrictions listed below, the officer will issue a Warning Notice and ANY subsequent violations will result in a state citation with up to a $100 fine plus court costs.
Fireworks cannot be:
- Ignited or discharged on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner.
- Discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building.
- Discharged toward a motor vehicle or building.
- Discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure.
- Discharged while the person is under the influence of a controlled substance.