Central Bucks Schools start back on Monday, August 30, 2021. As traffic changes from the summer months and school busses are back on the road, we kindly remind motorist to give yourselves more travel time in preparation of more traffic and school bus stops. When a school bus is stopped with flashing red lights and stop arm extended, all traffic must stop .
PA School Bus Stopping Law:
- Motorists must stop at least 10 feet away from school buses that have their red lights flashing and stop arm extended.
- Motorists must stop when they are behind a bus, meeting the bus or approaching an intersection where a bus is stopped.
- Motorists following or traveling alongside a school bus must also stop until the red lights have stopped flashing, the stop arm is withdrawn, and all children have reached safety.
- If physical barriers such as grassy medians, guide rails or concrete median barriers separate oncoming traffic from the bus, motorists in the opposing lanes may proceed without stopping.
- Do not proceed until all the children have reached a place of safety.