County Line Road between Fairmount Avenue and Bradford Road will remain closed for roadwork with a detour until spring 2023. Repairs will be made to the roadway including a replacement of the bridge. Traffic will be detoured over Lower State Road, W. Street Road, and Route 611. Access to residences and businesses along County Line Road will be maintained by PennDOT within the construction zones.
Project Update August 2022:
- The Stage 3 detour is in progress and scheduled to complete mid-October. Residents between Fairmont and Park will have the new roadway in front of their houses completed.
- The Stage 4 detour will begin immediately after Stage 3.
- The Park Avenue and County Line Rd Intersection will be constructed first under temporary short-term patterns. It should take less than a week. Park Ave traffic will be open to take left turns and proceed to Lower State Rd.
- Residents from Park Ave to Bradford Rd will be under full detour. The roadway will get reconstructed with driveway access maintained by the Contractor. Completion of Stage 4 is scheduled for April 2023.
- Thru traffic detour will remain the same as Stage 3. The detour uses Lower State Rd, Street Rd, and Easton to direct all thru traffic around the Project.
The project is part of a 3-mile-wide transportation improvement project between Kulp Road and Route 611 (Easton Road). The improvement project in its entirety is expected to be completed by 2026.PennDot County Line Road Project -Schedule