|Residential Use and Occupancy Fee (Resale/Rental) $140.|
Use and Occupancies are required for commercial and residential properties going for lease/rental and resale in Warrington Township.
Homes with sprinkler systems need to be inspected separately by a third-party agency (see list below) before U&O is issued.
The seller/Landlord is responsible for obtaining a use and occupancy application form from the Township as well as paying the fee of $140 and setting up an inspection. (Agents are authorized to apply in place of the seller).
No person should go to a settlement or occupy a space without an Occupancy Certificate. This is to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Homes with sprinkler systems will need systems certified by a certified third-party agency registered with Warrington Township.
- Sprinkler certifications are good for (6) months.
- Occupancy Certificates are good for 60 days from the date issued.
- Applications can be mailed/dropped off at the Township Building or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted electronically can call in a credit card (Mastercard, Visa or Discover) to 215-997-7501 ext. 302.
- The applicant is responsible for making payment and scheduling inspections.
Use & Occupancy (Lease/Resale) - Residential
Use & Occupancy (Lease/Resale) - Commercial Form
Inspection Check List (Residential):
Residential U&O Checklist
Sprinkler Certification Form:
Residential Sprinkler System Acceptance Test Form
Sprinkler Agencies (Third Party) - Last updated 7/19/2022